Position available at The Network/La Red
The Network/La Red is a grassroots, survivor-led organization working to end domestic violence in LGBQ/T, SM, and polyamorous communities. We do so through community organizing and education, movement-building, and providing direct services, and we’re looking for someone to join our dedicated staff.
Community Services Advocate
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position
Hours: Full-time; some evenings and weekends required
Overall Responsibilities: Provide direct services for survivors of partner abuse and their children from LGBQ/T, SM and/or polyamorous communities.
Supervised By: Community Services Manager
Supervises: Direct service volunteers/interns
- Provide crisis intervention, counseling, and information/referrals for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems) through the hotline.
- Provide advocacy, court accompaniment, and short-term face-to-face support for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems).
- Provide initial interviews for support groups (in-person and conference call-based) and facilitate weekly group meetings.
- Assist survivors with Victim Compensation, Address Confidentiality Program, and other resources as needed.
- Provide follow-up contacts with service participants as appropriate.
- Maintain comprehensive referral list.
- Maintain relationships with community groups, organizations, advocates, etc. to facilitate advocacy and referrals.
- Attend coalitions, roundtables, etc. as appropriate to increase awareness of The Network/La Red’s direct services.
- Participate in internal meetings, committees, projects, etc. as appropriate.
- Maintain records, statistics, provide reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Qualifications: We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. Applicants must be bilingual (English/Spanish). In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in at least two of the following areas: LGBQ/T partner abuse work; other partner abuse work; direct services/crisis intervention.
- Have a passion for social justice/social change.
- Have excellent listening and communication skills.
- Be able to juggle multiple responsibilities, including the tension between daily tasks, current projects, and crisis intervention.
- Be energetic and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Compensation: Bilingual salary $45,981 (base salary $43,901), full health insurance (HPHC) and dental insurance (Delta Dental), Simple IRA, generous time off.
Application details: Position to start as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send resume and letter to:
- By email: email@example.com
- By fax: 617.423.5651
- By post: P.O. Box 6011, Boston MA 02114