The Network/La Red is a survivor-led, social justice organization with over 30 years’ experience working to end partner abuse in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, SM, polyamorous, and queer communities. Our organization and staff are recognized locally and nationally as experts in providing survivor-centered services and as thought leaders on the issue of LGBQ/T partner abuse. We blend our history and commitment to being survivor-led, our analysis of LGBQ/T partner abuse, and our commitment to being an anti-oppressive organization to create a unique framework that is the foundation of our survivor-centered approach.
We are who we work with, the staff, volunteers, and board of directors of TNLR are members of the very communities the organization serves. We believe that survivors are the experts on their own lives and are therefore committed to centering survivor voices and leadership in all aspects of our work. While we offer services for survivors we also organize and educate about partner abuse to create the change we believe is possible for our communities.
Role Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: This position works between two offices in the Greater Boston Area of Massachusetts. While this position currently works remote, this is an in-office position (current estimate of return to in-person work is Fall 2021).
Hours: 40 hours/week; varied schedule with some evenings and weekends required
Supervised by: OEO Program Director
Supervises: Communications Associate and Education Associate
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the creation and management of the organization’s marketing and communications plan. In their role, the Marketing and Communcation’s Manager will oversee communications for TNLR, including web and new media, outreach, print materials, and media relations.
- Create and implement policies and procedures for branding, accessibility, best practices, SEO/Analytics, etc.
- Assess TNLR’s SEO and Google Analytics needs
- Coordinate media response, press releases, and organizational statements on behalf of TNLR
- Represent TNLR at public in-person and virtual events
- Maintain and update TNLR’s dual language (English & Spanish) website on WordPress
- Create and coordinate production and distribution of TNLR’s Annual Report
- Supervise communications team and support with strategy and scheduling
- Hold visioning around marketing, communications, and outreach
- Supervise multiple staff
- Participate in program development and other organizational projects
- Contribute to organizational committees as appropriate
- Provide support to survivors of LGBQ/T partner abuse as needed, including hotline
- Maintain files of program activities, provide program information and reports as necessary
- Other duties as assigned/necessary
Qualifications, Strengths, and Skills: We hire for life experience – formal education is not required. People of color, transgender people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Be bilingual in Spanish and English
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in at least 2 of the following areas: LGBQ/T partner abuse; organizing/community outreach; communications; graphics and design; print and virtual materials creation; advertising
- Have experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud programs and/or design program equivalents like Canva, Procreate, etc.
- Have experience managing an organization’s social media presence with multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Constant Contact, and WordPress
- Be a “people person” – enjoy talking with people (in person and on the phone or over video chat), have experience making and maintaining connections in community, and be able to represent the organization in professional and social settings
- Have strong organizational and communication skills
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities, including the stress of juggling daily tasks, ongoing projects, and crisis support of survivors as it comes up
- Have a passion for social change/social justice
- Be energetic and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Be self-motivated
Compensation: Salary in low $50s, full health insurance (HPHC) and dental insurance (Delta Dental), Simple IRA, generous time off.
Application details: Position to begin July 1. This position will remain open until it is filled. Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Network/La Red does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.