The Network/La Red is a survivor-led, social justice organization with over 30 years’ experience working to end partner abuse in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, BDSM, polyamorous, and queer communities. Our organization and staff are recognized locally and nationally as experts in providing survivor-centered services and as thought leaders on the issue of LGBTQ+ partner abuse. We blend our history and commitment to being survivor-led, our analysis of LGBTQ+ partner abuse, and our commitment to being an anti-oppressive organization to create a unique framework that is the foundation of our survivor-centered approach.
We are who we work with, the staff, volunteers, and board of directors of TNLR are members of the very communities the organization serves. We believe that survivors are the experts on their own lives and are therefore committed to centering survivor voices and leadership in all aspects of our work. While we offer services for survivors we also organize and educate about partner abuse to create the change we believe is possible for our communities.
Role Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: This position works between two offices in the Greater Boston Area of Massachusetts. While this position currently works remote, this is an in-office position.
Hours: 40 hours/week; varied schedule with some evenings and weekends required
Supervised by: OEO Program Director
Supervises: Communications Associate and Education Associate
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the creation and management of the organization’s marketing and communications plan. In their role, the Marketing and Communication’s Manager will oversee communications for TNLR, including web and new media, outreach, print materials, and media relations.
- Create and implement policies and procedures for branding, accessibility, best practices, SEO/Analytics, etc.
- Assess TNLR’s SEO and Google Analytics needs.
- Coordinate media response, press releases, and organizational statements on behalf of TNLR.
- Represent TNLR at public in-person and virtual events.
- Maintain and update TNLR’s dual language (English & Spanish) website on WordPress.
- Create and coordinate production and distribution of TNLR’s Annual Report.
- Supervise communications team and support with strategy and scheduling.
- Hold visioning around marketing, communications, and outreach.
- Supervise multiple staff.
- Participate in program development and other organizational projects.
- Contribute to organizational committees as appropriate.
- Provide support to survivors of LGBTQ+ partner abuse as needed, including hotline.
- Maintain files of program activities, provide program information and reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned/necessary.
Qualifications, Strengths, and Skills: We hire for life experience – formal education is not required. People of color, transgender people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in at least 2 of the following areas: LGBTQ+ partner abuse; organizing/community outreach; communications; graphics and design; print and virtual materials creation; advertising.
- Have experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud programs and/or design program equivalents like Canva, Procreate, etc.
- Have experience managing an organization’s social media presence with multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Constant Contact, and WordPress.
- Be a “people person” – enjoy talking with people (in person and on the phone or over video chat), have experience making and maintaining connections in community, and be able to represent the organization in professional and social settings
- Have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities, including the stress of juggling daily tasks, ongoing projects, and crisis support of survivors as it comes up.
- Have a passion for social change/social justice.
- Be energetic and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be self-motivated.
Compensation: Base salary at $52,015. While this position is not Bilingual required, a pay differential is offered to people who are fluent in English and Spanish with an increased salary at $54,095. TNLR offers a competitive benefits package, including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance; Simple IRA retirement plan and up to a 3% employer match; professional development funds; and annual paid vacation (15 days), sick leave (12 days for physical and mental health), holidays (13 of your choosing), personal days (8 days), and bereavement (up to 3 days per loss).
Application details: Position to begin as soon as possible. This position will remain open until it is filled. Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Network/La Red does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.