Bilingual (English and Spanish) and Valid Driver’s License Required
The Network/La Red is a survivor-led, social justice organization with over 30 years’ experience working to end partner abuse in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, BDSM, polyamorous, and queer communities. Our organization and staff are recognized locally and nationally as experts in providing survivor-centered services and as thought leaders on the issue of LGBTQ+ partner abuse. We blend our history and commitment to being survivor-led, our analysis of LGBTQ+ partner abuse, and our commitment to being an anti-oppressive organization to create a unique framework that is the foundation of our survivor-centered approach.
We are who we work with, the staff, volunteers, and board of directors of TNLR are members of the very communities the organization serves. We believe that survivors are the experts on their own lives and are therefore committed to centering survivor voices and leadership in all aspects of our work. While we offer services for survivors of partner abuse we also organize and educate about the issue to create the change we believe is possible for our communities.
Role Title: Advocate – Housing Pathways Program
Location: While this position currently works remote, this is an in-office position that works between two offices in the Greater Boston Area of Massachusetts.
Hours: Full-time; some evenings and weekends required
Supervised By: Housing Pathways Manager
Supervises: Direct service volunteers/interns
The Advocate for the Housing Pathways Program provides direct services for survivors of partner abuse and their children from LGBTQ+, BDSM and/or polyamorous communities.
- Provide crisis intervention, supportive counseling, and information/referrals for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems) through the hotline.
- Provide advocacy, court accompaniment, and face-to-face supportive counseling for survivors of partner abuse in the Housing Pathways Program.
- Keep staff up-to-date on Safehome and Transitional Housing Program openings.
- Conduct Safehome Intakes, Housing Intakes and Housing Assessments.
- Support Safehome Program Participants in finding and transitioning from the Network/La Red’s Safehome Program to appropriate longer-term shelter/housing.
- Assist survivors with Victim Compensation, the Address Confidentiality Program, and other resources as needed.
- Provide follow-up contacts with service participants as appropriate.
- Maintain a comprehensive referral list.
- Maintain relationships with community groups, organizations, advocates, etc. to facilitate advocacy and referrals.
- Attend coalitions, roundtables, etc. as appropriate to increase awareness of The Network/La Red’s direct services.
- Participate in internal meetings, committees, projects, etc. as appropriate.
- Maintain records, statistics, provide reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Qualifications, Strengths, and Skills: We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Be bilingual in English and Spanish (required).
- Have a valid driver’s license (required).
- Housing experience preferred, not required.
- Have a minimum of 1-year experience in at least two of the following areas: LGBTQ+ partner abuse work; other partner abuse work; direct services/crisis intervention.
- Have a passion for social justice/social change.
- Have excellent listening and communication skills.
- Be able to juggle multiple responsibilities, including the tension between daily tasks, current projects, and crisis intervention.
- Be energetic and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Compensation: This position is Bilingual required (En/Sp) with a bilingual salary at $47,981, base salary at $45,901. TNLR offers a competitive benefits package, including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance; Simple IRA retirement plan and up to a 3% employer match; professional development funds; and annual paid vacation (15 days), sick leave (12 days for physical and mental health), holidays (13 of your choosing), personal days (8 days), and bereavement (up to 3 days per loss).
Application details: Position to start as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Network/La Red does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.