(Bilingual in English and Spanish Required)
The Network/La Red is a survivor-led, social justice organization with over 30 years’ experience working to end partner abuse in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, SM, polyamorous, and queer communities. Our organization and staff are recognized locally and nationally as experts in providing survivor-centered services and as thought leaders on the issue of LGBTQ+ partner abuse. We blend our history and commitment to being survivor-led, our analysis of LGBTQ+ partner abuse, and our commitment to being an anti-oppressive organization to create a unique framework that is the foundation of our survivor-centered approach.
We are who we work with, the staff, volunteers, and board of directors of TNLR are members of the very communities the organization serves. We believe that survivors are the experts on their own lives and are therefore committed to centering survivor voices and leadership in all aspects of our work. While we offer services for survivors of partner abuse we also organize and educate about the issue to create the change we believe is possible for our communities.
Title: Advocate – Housing Pathways
Hours: Full-time; some evenings and weekends required
Primary Responsibilities: Provide direct services for survivors of partner abuse and their children from LGBTQ+, SM and/or polyamorous communities.
Supervised By: Housing Pathways Manager
Supervises: Direct service volunteers/interns
- Provide crisis intervention, supportive counseling, and information/referrals for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems) through the hotline.
- Provide advocacy, court accompaniment, and face-to-face supportive counseling for survivors of partner abuse in the Housing Pathways Program.
- Keep staff up-to-date on Safehome and Transitional Housing Program openings.
- Conduct Safehome Intakes, Housing Intakes and Housing Assessments.
- Support Safehome Program Participants in finding and transitioning from the Network/La Red’s Safehome Program to appropriate longer-term shelter/housing.
- Assist survivors with Victim Compensation, the Address Confidentiality Program, and other resources as needed.
- Provide follow-up contacts with service participants as appropriate.
- Maintain a comprehensive referral list.
- Maintain relationships with community groups, organizations, advocates, etc. to facilitate advocacy and referrals.
- Attend coalitions, roundtables, etc. as appropriate to increase awareness of The Network/La Red’s direct services.
- Participate in internal meetings, committees, projects, etc. as appropriate.
- Maintain records, statistics, provide reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Qualifications: We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1-year experience in at least two of the following areas: LGBTQ+ partner abuse work; other partner abuse work; direct services/crisis intervention.
- Have a passion for social justice/social change.
- Be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Have excellent listening and communication skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to juggle multiple responsibilities, including the tension between daily tasks, current projects, and crisis intervention.
- Be energetic and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Compensation: Base Salary: $43,901, Bilingual salary $45,981. TNLR offers a competitive benefits package, including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance; Simple IRA retirement plan and up to a 3% employer match; professional development funds; and annual paid vacation (15 days), sick leave (12 days for physical and mental health), holidays (13 of your choosing), personal days (8 days), and bereavement (up to 3 days per loss).
Application details: Position to start July 5, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send resume and cover letter to:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By post: P.O. Box 6011, Boston MA 02114