Bilingual in English and Spanish required
The Network/La Red is a survivor-led, social justice organization with over 30 years’ experience working to end partner abuse in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, kink, polyamorous, and queer communities. Our organization and staff are recognized locally and nationally as experts in providing survivor-centered services and as thought leaders on the issue of LGBTQ+ partner abuse. We blend our history and commitment to being survivor-led, our analysis of LGBTQ+ partner abuse, and our commitment to being an anti-oppressive organization to create a unique framework that is the foundation of our survivor-centered approach.
We are who we work with; the staff, volunteers, and board of directors of TNLR are members of the very communities the organization serves. We believe that survivors are the experts in their own lives and are therefore committed to centering survivors’ voices and leadership in all aspects of our work. While we offer services for survivors we also organize and educate about partner abuse to create the change we believe is possible for our communities.
Role Title: Hotline Manager
Location: This position is Hybrid with offices based in Boston. Work-in-person days are flexible.
Hours: 40 hours/week; varied schedule with some evenings and weekends required Supervised by: Director of Survivor Services
Supervises: Full time overnight staff, Part-time hotline staff, direct service volunteers/interns
TNLR seeks a Hotline Manager to coordinate and oversee the daily functioning and development of our Hotline Program.
- Supervise full-time overnight hotline staff, part-time hotline staff and direct service volunteers/interns.
- Manage program logistics (equipment, supplies, reimbursement, etc.)
- Participate in development and management of hotline program and its budget
- Schedule and oversee hotline coverage by volunteers, interns, and paid staff.
- Co-create training curriculum for all staff and volunteers.
- Provide hotline orientation, ongoing hotline training, and assist with organizational training as needed for new staff and volunteers.
- Provide direct services for survivors of partner abuse and their children from LGBTQ+, kink and/or polyamorous communities:
- Rotate 24-hour back-up coverage for direct services
- Provide crisis intervention, supportive counseling, and information/referrals for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems) through the hotline
- Provide follow-up contacts with service participants as appropriate
- Conduct program assessments
- Oversee maintenance of comprehensive resource database
- Establish and maintain relationships with community groups, organizations, advocates, etc. to facilitate advocacy and referrals
- Attend coalitions, roundtables, etc. as appropriate to increase awareness of The Network/La Red’s direct services
- Participate in program development and other organizational meetings, committees, projects, etc. as appropriate
- Maintain records, statistics, provide reports as necessary
- Other duties as assigned/needed
Qualifications, Strengths, and Skills: We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply.
- Required Qualification: Be bilingual in English and Spanish
The remaining qualifications are for an ideal candidate, but we will consider all types of experience and will absolutely consider candidates who don’t meet all qualifications. An ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in at least three of the following areas:
- Advocacy for and with survivors of partner abuse
- crisis intervention; hotline support
- work with LGBTQ+, polyamorous, and/or kink communities
- program coordination, supervision
- Have a passion for social justice/social change
- Have excellent listening and communication skills
- Be able to juggle multiple responsibilities, including the tension between daily tasks, current projects, and crisis intervention
- Be energetic and able to work independently and as part of a team
Compensation: This position is Bilingual required (En/Sp) with a bilingual salary at $56,095, and a base salary at $54,015. TNLR offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- 100% employer paid health and dental insurance
- 401k retirement plan and up to a 3% employer match
- optional supplemental insurance through AFLAC
- flexible spending account (FSA)
- professional development funds
- Generous time off: annual paid vacation (15 days), sick leave (12 days for physical and mental health) holidays (13 of your choosing), personal days (8 days), and bereavement leave (up to 3 days per loss)
Application details: Position to begin as soon as possible. This position will remain open until it is filled. Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
The Network/La Red does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.