Bilingual in English and Spanish required
The Network/La Red is a survivor-led, social justice organization with over 30 years’ experience working to end partner abuse in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, kink, polyamorous, and queer communities. Our organization and staff are recognized locally and nationally as experts in providing survivor-centered services and as thought leaders on the issue of LGBTQ+ partner abuse. We blend our history and commitment to being survivor-led, our analysis of LGBTQ+ partner abuse, and our commitment to being an anti-oppressive organization to create a unique framework that is the foundation of our survivor-centered approach.
We are who we work with, the staff, volunteers, and board of directors of TNLR are members of the very communities the organization serves. We believe that survivors are the experts in their own lives and are therefore committed to centering survivors’ voices and leadership in all aspects of our work. While we offer services for survivors we also organize and educate about partner abuse to create the change we believe is possible for our communities.
Role Title: Communications Associate
Hours: 40 hours/week; varied schedule with some evenings and weekends required
Supervised by: Marketing and Communications Manager
The Communications Associate coordinates communications for TNLR through print and electronic advertising, newsletters, social media and Constant Contact engagement, website, and materials development.
- Create and coordinate production and distribution of TNLR’s semi-annual newsletter.
- Plan and execute TNLR’s social media engagement on all platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Constant Contact).
- Create and maintain a social media communications calendar.
- Design visuals for outreach campaigns, print media, community events, social media, and the website.
- Develop and update outreach materials about partner abuse and TNLR’s services as needed (including our brochures, manuals, swag, etc.)
- Participate in program development and other organizational projects.
- Contribute to organizational committees as appropriate
- Provide support to survivors of LGBTQ+ partner abuse as needed, including hotline.
- Maintain files of program activities, provide program information and reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned/necessary.
Qualifications, Strengths, and Skills: We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply.
- Required Qualification: Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
The remaining qualifications are for an ideal candidate, but we will consider all types of experience and will absolutely consider candidates who don’t meet all qualifications. An ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience in at least 2 of the following areas: LGBTQ+ partner abuse; organizing/community outreach; communications; graphics and design; print and virtual materials creation; advertising.
- Have experience managing an organizations social media presence with multiple platforms, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Be a “people person” – enjoy talking with people (in person and on the phone), have experience making and maintaining connections in community, and be able to represent the organization in professional and social settings.
- Have strong organizational, and communication skills.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities, including the stress of juggling daily tasks, ongoing projects, and crisis support of survivors as it comes up.
- Have a passion for social change/social justice.
- Be energetic and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be self-motivated.
Compensation: This position is Bilingual required (En/Sp) with a bilingual salary at $47,981, (base salary at $45,901). TNLR offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- 100% employer paid health and dental insurance
- 401k retirement plan and up to a 3% employer match
- optional supplemental insurance through AFLAC
- flexible spending account (FSA)
- professional development funds
- Generous time off: annual paid vacation (15 days), sick leave (12 days for physical and mental health), holidays (13 of your choosing), personal days (8 days), and bereavement leave (up to 3 days per loss).
Application details: Position to begin as soon as possible. This position will remain open until filled. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Network/La Red does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.